By: Shirley Merith
What Does It Do?
It is truly amazing how far we have come when it comes to providing those with disabilities the capacity to perform any communicative task independently. Touchchat, is a digital tool that provides individuals with developmental disabilities, or other conditions that can affect speech, a way to communicate through touch. Users of Touchchat can either tap or press on the screen to create and communicate their message.
What It Features
- Digitized and synthesized speech
- Ability to create own vocabulary files or use pre-stored default ones
- Offers sentences, phrases, and individual words
- Interactive play and reading pages
- Advanced writing features
- Social pages which promote communication with other users
- Interaction with social media such as Twitter and Facebook
- Affordability ( Fairly inexpensive)
- Easy to download from iTunes store
- Can be used by children or adults
- Easy to use
- This device is only available with an iPad, iPod, or iPhone.